Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Research Topic

For my semester project I plan to study 3D prototyping and how it can better the school of architecture. There are hundreds of things you can do with a 3D prototyping machine. But finding out how it can be used for architecture other than just building a model is what I would like to discover. The programs I will be concentrating on will be Sketchup, Revit and 3Ds design.

I think that by studying 3D prototyping I can find better ways for 3 dimensional models to show what the architect is trying to portray easier than a 2 dimensional drawing of a section or model. Instead of taking an entire model and modeling it, just model what is needed to provide the client with better information. With this technology I would like to apply it to architecture for example by modeling a window and showing how it is functional. This would be done by printing out multiple parts and attaching them together to make a functional window system.




http://www.makerbot.com/blog/



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eojAdYMT0g&NR=1



No comments:

Post a Comment